MST Therapist Job Description
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, Social Work and 1-year experience with the population, or bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience working with family and/or youth services.
- Behavioral therapy with children and adults
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic and functional) family therapies
- Therapy interventions for school behavior and academic performance
- Collaboration and partnership with community agencies
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of the youth (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Providing in-home or community-based therapy services
- Behavioral therapies theory and application
- Family systems theory and application
- Social skills assessment and intervention
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy theory and application
- Social ecological theory and application
- Conduct MST assessment, including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Engage primary caregivers and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, outcomes review, and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and demonstrate compliance with the nine MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to maintain alignment throughout MST treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
- Participate in all MST training, supervision, consultation, and MST Therapist development activities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to travel to client’s homes.
- Must live within a 30–60-minute travel time from the designated service area.
Benefits: PTO, Paid Vacation and Holiday’s Dental and Vision, Supplemental Insurance, Flexible Schedules
Salary: Commensurate with experience
If you are interested in this job opening, you can send your application and resume online.